Cars are getting bigger and wider, which makes it even harder for us to park them accurately. If you are not careful, you might scratch your car and damage the garage walls. Imagine you have just bought a new car, and you come home to park it into your garage. Everything is fine until you realize that parking the car into the garage might be a tight squeeze! This is where a good parking aid tool comes in.
Garage parking aid tools come in all shapes and sizes. Some are very simple, while others use some sort of technology to help you park. There are so many choices out there that it’s becoming increasingly hard to pick the right tool. That’s what we’re here for – we have reviewed all the best garage parking aid tools for you so that you’ll be able to choose the right one for you.
Here are the best garage parking aid tools that you can choose from.
Best Garage Parking Aids
1. MAXSA 37312 Park Right Dual Laser
- Dual laser indicator.
- Very easy installation and use.
- Movement detection of up to 10 feet.
- Switches off automatically once it is not needed.
- Good value for money.
- Easy installation.
- Reliable motion detector.
- Suitable for 2-car garages.
- Narrow adjustment angles mean that it’s not the best for side angles.
The MAXSA dual laser parking sensor is perhaps one of the best garage parking aid tools for those who own two cars and have tight garages. It helps you keep the car safe from scratches and scrapes by shining a laser light onto your car. You can mount it onto the ceiling, and it is fully adjustable, meaning that we can set it up the way we want it. This is one of the more technologically-orientated choices on this list.
Once you come into the garage, the sensor will start working immediately, giving you guidance as to where to park your car. As you drive up, you will start to see the light on your car and then on your dashboard. You can set it up the way you want it, but you have to make the measurements first. Once you complete the parking, the laser will automatically turn off.
The only downside to this laser parking sensor is that it isn’t very visible if you have two cars parked relatively far away from each other. To be more specific, if the side angle is too narrow, you won’t be able to angle the laser appropriately. Other than that, it represents excellent value for money. This product is suitable for people with two-car garages and those who want a technologically-advanced parking aid tool.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
2. BAIJIAWEI 2 Pack Rubber Parking Guide
- Made from heavy-duty rubber, meaning it’s durable
- Easy installation with three bolt receptacles.
- High visibility enabled by the reflective tape.
- Dimensions: L: 21,4″. W: 5.9″, H: 3,6″.
- Very durable and robust.
- Grips to the ground strongly.
- You get two blocks in the package.
- The rubber smell can be strong.
Baijiawei offers one of the simplest solutions for parking your car accurately. The way this parking aid works is that you can bolt it into the ground with three bolts. It will stay in its position and won’t move, even if you park your car too far and drive onto them, for example. You get two rubber chocks in the package, which you can use for two wheels of your car. We must mention that compared to some other similar products, this one stands out due to its size and durability.
You’ll be able to avoid scratches and park your car accurately. One thing we have noticed, though, is that the smell of the rubber can be very strong. So once you install your parking guide in your garage, expect strong odors to come from this thing. But it’s the perfect solution for people looking for simplicity but a high level of effectiveness. You’ll get a durable and very resistant parking aid, which makes it one of the best garage parking aid solutions out there. People who can’t stand a strong rubber scent should probably avoid this product.
DOLLAR RATING: $
3. Chamberlain CLLP1 Laser Parking Aid
- Designed to work with some garage door openers (Chamberlain, LiftMaster, Craftsman).
- Laser parking assistance with automatic deactivation.
- Simple installation.
- Implementation with garage door openers.
- Easy to install and use.
- Good price.
- Not very bright, especially if it’s not dark.
- The light can be inconsistent.
With this laser parking aid, you’ll be able to find the perfect parking spot every time you park your car in your garage. What sets this product apart from other laser parking aid tools is that it offers implementation with several garage door openers. You can mount it directly to your roof and connect it to the wiring for the door sensors. This means it won’t require batteries, as it will feed straight from the same power source as the doors.
When you activate the door, the laser sensor will also automatically turn on, showing you the perfect spot to park your car. Once you park the car and close the garage door, the sensor will also turn off automatically. Everything is automated, and you’ll only need to install it properly. This can be done easily – you get all the tools you need (anchor, screw, two wire nuts, a power adapter, and instructions.)
So if you want a quality laser parking sensor, you should certainly consider this gadget. Beware though: this parking aid is not the best choice if you don’t have a Chamberlain sensor already installed. Additionally, the laser beam can be quite dim, especially in bright conditions.
DOLLAR RATING: $
4. STKR Concepts 00-246 Adjustable Garage Parking Sensor Air
- Simple product with easy installation.
- Powered by standard USB connection or 4 AA batteries.
- Makes use of ultrasonic range-finding technology.
- Adjustable distances – between 6 inches and 6 feet.
- Simple to use.
- Adjustable distance, based on calibrations.
- It consumes battery life very quickly.
- Batteries need constant replacement.
STKR parking sensor provides a nice blend of simplicity and technology. The sensor can be mounted on the wall, and from there, it can make automatic measurements to determine the correct length between your car and the garage wall. It does this by sending ultrasonic waves to your vehicle and then tells you where the perfect parking spot it. Now you’ll be able to park with confidence and close the garage door knowing that your car is safe.
It works like a traffic light. When you are still far away, the sensor will flash green. When you come closer to the wall, the color will turn to yellow. When the sensor turns red, it means that you have to stop. It’s a fairly simple concept but very reliable and high-tech. It can detect movement of up to 6 feet away from the sensor.
One thing we must mention with this sensor is that it does consume a lot of battery life to operate. After just a couple of weeks of use, you’ll notice that the light will be significantly weaker, meaning that the battery is running low. That adds to the long-term cost of maintenance. It’s suitable for people who want a good mixture of simplicity and technology.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
5. Double Garage Parking Aid – Ball Guide System
- A simple but effective ball guide system.
- Works for all vehicle and garage types, as it has an adjustable clip.
- The company offers full money refunds if the customer is not satisfied.
- Simple and effective.
- You get 2 balls for 2 cars.
- You get a smiley face when you park.
- The build quality isn’t the best.
- It provides unnecessary clutter.
Yes, you’ve probably already heard about or used the tennis ball parking sensor. Well, this is a very similar concept, although slightly more advanced and reliable. It certainly falls into the category of low-tech parking aid tools. But the best thing about it is its versatility: it doesn’t matter what type of car you have, how big your garage is, you can always set the length of the ball with the adjustable clip. You will get two balls in the package, which makes it possible for you to control the parking of two cars.
If you’re not a happy camper after your purchase, you’ll have the ability to refund the item. Although it is not very expensive; it’s certainly one of the more affordable options on the list. The effectiveness is there, but it’s not a product for someone who doesn’t like additional clutter in their garage. Also, the materials are not the most durable, but that won’t matter too much for most people. If you’re seeking an affordable, effective, simple solution to your parking problems, this is it.
DOLLAR RATING: $
6. Electriduct Pair of Plastic Parking Mat Guides
- You can choose between 1 unit, 2 units, or 6 units.
- A durable plastic parking mat that tells you where to park.
- Adhesive tape allows the mat to stick.
- The reflective strip increases visibility.
- Very accurate.
- Will fit any type of car.
- You can get 2 units or 6 if you have 3 cars.
- The adhesive tape is not the strongest.
The Electriduct pair of plastic parking mat guides is one of the best garage parking aid tools that offers a lot of flexibility and simplicity. What makes it appealing is its simple use: you’ll only need to measure the space from your car to the wall and place the parking mats accordingly. The product is made from durable and heavy-duty plastic, so it will remain durable. It also features a reflective strip that lets you increase visibility in darker conditions.
You can choose between a 1-unit, 2-unit, or 6-unit packages, depending on your needs. It’s also highly versatile, as it is suitable for all car types, including cars, trucks, or SUVs. One downside of this product is that in some cases, the adhesive tape at the bottom is not the strongest, meaning the mats might come unstuck. In some cases, you’ll need to bolt the mats down to the ground if you intend to use them for a longer period.
We recommend the product for those looking for simplicity and effectiveness without too much hassle for installing the product.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
7. Genubi Industry Rubber Curb
- The rubber curbs are made to stop you from driving too far.
- Easy installation with bolts providing a stable grip.
- The curbs are equipped with reflective strips.
- Dimensions: 20.75″ x 5.75″ x 3.25″.
- Simplicity is the name of the game.
- High visibility.
- High-quality, industrial-grade rubber.
- Will remain in place.
- Good value for money.
- You need to purchase the bolts.
We’ve already seen one product like this before on this list – the Baijiawei parking guide rubber curbs. They are relatively similar, although this product is slightly smaller and more lightweight. These are made from high-quality, durable rubber which will let you allow to use the product for years to come, even after heavy use. The product feels sturdy and high-quality, and it is installed easily by bolting it down to the ground. It will stay in place, which is very important for a parking aid like this.
For better visibility, it has reflective strips on the body. It certainly is a good option for the money asked. Although be prepared to spend a couple of extra bucks for the bolts. It might be a simple and technology-free product, but it gets the job done expertly. No longer you will find yourself parking too close to the wall, or even scratching the wall. It’s an easy choice to make if you want a simple garage parking aid which requires little to no maintenance.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
8. Invis-a-Beam LLC Park-Daddy
- Infrared technology allows for precision parking.
- Two infrared head units and a radio extension.
- D-size battery-powered.
- Easy installation without hard wiring.
- Precision parking has never been easier.
- You’ll save a lot of space.
- Simple installation without hard wiring.
- An alarm sound tells you when to stop.
- It needs constant battery replacements.
This product will appeal to those looking for a high-technology parking sensor that is also reliable. This is perhaps one of the best garage parking aid tools that you can use, and for many reasons. First, it allows you to park your car very precisely, almost inch-perfect. This will free up a lot of space in your garage, which will allow you to store additional things in the space given. Secondly, the installation is simple: all you need to do is to bolt the sensors with two screws or use a tape.
You can accommodate up to four different cars with this sensor, although you will need to purchase extra radio receivers for your car. In the initial package, you’ll get two, meaning that you can use them for two cars. Once you have parked in the right spot, the radio receiver will tell you when to stop. The reason it is so precise is the infrared technology allows for very precise parking, even in garages where the space is tight. A great option for technology lovers and those who love to park their car precisely, and for those who want to have extra space in their garage.
DOLLAR RATING: $$/$$$
9. Garage Parking Assistant
- The product shows you the distance between your car and the wall.
- The maximum distance displayed is 99 inches.
- Suitable for only one-vehicle garages.
- Sensors determine the distance between your car and the wall.
- Very accurate measurement system (+/- 1 inch)
- Incredibly simple to set up and use.
- The bright display tells you the distance between your car and the wall.
- Not suitable for tight spaces or garages with more cars.
The Garage Parking Assistant is a very reliable parking sensor that lets you park the car without the danger of scratching your bumper ever again. It uses sensors to measure the distance between the car and the wall, and the distance is then displayed on a bright display that you can mount on the wall. Note that the maximum distance that will be displayed on the screen is 99 inches. But the sensor is extremely accurate; there is less than an inch of difference between the real distance and the measured distance.
Another great thing about this sensor is that it’s free of clutter and it doesn’t take up much space. You only need to mount it onto a wall opposite to where you will be parking your car. You can mount it onto the wall by taping it, as well as the sensors. Perhaps the only downside is that it’s only suitable for one vehicle, and it’s also not the best for tight spaces. Other than that, it represents a great option for people looking for a reliable gadget to make their parking easier.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
10. GoodChief Universal Garage Laser Line Parking Assist
- A laser line parking assistance with two highly-visible parking lines.
- Powered by the garage door outlet, so it opens when you open the garage door.
- Good for two or one-car garages.
- Created in the USA.
- Highly-visible parking lines enable easy parking.
- The line can be adjusted.
- Installation only requires a screw, and it connects to the garage door outlet.
- No maintenance as there are no batteries or a motion detector.
- The installation is only suitable for 2-bulb garage door openers.
The parking assist laser line is a product that is made by a small US company that specializes in garage products. Among them is this parking aid gadget that uses laser lights to project a line where you should park. The way this one differs from other laser parking assist tools is that it draws a line instead of a point, making it much easier to see and park. It’s powered directly by the garage door outlet, minimizing the costs and the maintenance in the long-term.
The laser line can be adjusted to your means, you’ll need to take measurements before you can par effectively, though. The parking aid is suitable for both one-car and two-car garages. You also get 30 days of warranty, meaning that the product can be returned if you are not satisfied. Note that when you are installing the gadget, it will only be suitable for 2-bulb garage doors. Otherwise, it’s a great option for those looking for a reliable, high-tech parking assistance gadget.
DOLLAR RATING: $$
When you’re considering a new garage parking aid, there are a couple of things you need to look at. Although most of the tools we reviewed here are very effective, the choice still depends on your preferences. What are some considerations you need to make when choosing the parking aid gadget?
- High-Tech or Simple? Do you prefer something that uses advanced technology, or are you about simplicity and effectiveness? There are plenty of choices to suit both tastes. Sure, having a technologically-advanced parking aid is very nice, but sometimes the good old-fashioned simplicity is the best way to go. A lot comes down to personal preference in this respect.
- Budget. Some gadgets are more affordable, while others will cost slightly more, but will offer better features. Especially high-tech parking aids will generally cost a few bucks more, although that doesn’t necessarily translate to better performance. Mostly, the price differences between all of these articles on the list are not huge, so there’s a lot to choose from even for those on a shoestring budget.
- One-car garage or two-car garage? That’s an important question to ask. Some gadgets are only suited for one-car garages, while others offer more versatility and can be used by two or more vehicles. If you buy a one-car garage parking aid but you have a two-car garage, you might find yourself buying another parking aid later on. So it’s crucial to make the necessary research before choosing.
Benefits of Garage Parking Aid
The benefits of garage parking aid are clear: they help you park your car easier, whether it is front or rear parking. They will protect your car from getting scratches, which can happen if you have a very tight garage. Sometimes, it might be strenuous to park a car with little to no space, which is where parking aid gadgets come in.
Not only that, but they’ll also protect the garage from suffering any damage that can happen during parking. Inaccurate parking can result in scratches on the wall or damage to the garage walls which might be a nuisance to remove later on. The color from the car paint on the wall might require you to undertake a small garage renovation.
Q: What is the best garage parking aid?
A: The answer completely depends on your personal preferences. You might be a proponent of high-tech parking aid systems, which is where the Maxsa 37312 Dual Laser Parking Guide shines, in our opinion. If you’re looking for something a bit less technical, there’s plenty of choices as well. We think that the Baijiawei Rubber Parking Guide represents excellent value for money – it’s durable and extremely accurate and effective. These are just our recommendations and are by no means be-all-end-all choices.
Q: How do garage parking aids work?
A: Ultimately, every garage parking aid has the same goal – to give you a reference as to where to park your car. To do that, they use different technologies and methods. There are laser parking aids that indicate the parking position with a laser line or dot, or they might use ultrasound waves to determine the distance between the vehicle and the wall. On the other hand, we have low-tech choices. These work by physically telling you when to stop, such as a rubber curb or a hanging ball.
Q: Are garage parking sensors accurate?
A: Yes, garage parking sensors can be inch-perfect. Usually, the low-tech gadgets tend to be even more accurate than the high-tech sensors, although that’s not the rule. Laser sensors, for example, are extremely accurate, while other high-tech gadgets are usually very reliable. Sometimes, they might be just a fraction away from the realistic measurements, but that is negligible. Some of them will need to be properly tweaked before they are completely accurate.
In the end, it all comes down to your personal preference; we have presented to you some of the best garage parking aid tools currently available, now it is up to you to make your pick. With these gadgets, your garage parking problems will become a thing of the past.